Friday, February 23, 2007

It's 11:30 and I'm Ready For Bed!

Today was a good day. Lysa and I slept in - we have ridiculously cozy sheets. I vacuumed the downstairs and tidied my room, then watched a movie about Mother Theresa that I got from the church library. Very inspiring. I love her simplicity - "Jesus loves small things best - especially when done with great love." And a smile is the first gift of love we give to God and to each other. She saw the face of her Lord in every suffering person she encountered. She only and always did just what was before her... And when bad things happened, like the newspapers and people slandering what she was trying to do, which was simply to live among and care for the poorest of the poor in Calcutta, God turned it around for great good - using that publicity to encourage people to send funds to help her work. She didn't try to convert people but many learned about faith, hope and love through her example. Her teaching and preaching was with her life rather than words. She was an example of how one person can make an amazing difference in the world, especially if he or she is completely committed to Jesus and lets Him work through him or her. I would love to read a biography of her life.

Layni, Jolie and Marty got home at supper-time. It's good to have them back. They had lots of fun with Jolie's mom, step-dad, sister, nephew, aunts, uncles and cousins in Edmonton. They went cross country skiiing, sledding and ice fishing, among other things, and had a fabulous time. Mattias joins us tomorrow afternoon, and so the house will go from quiet and almost-empty to full and NOISY! I think I'll survive though, haha!

No comments: