Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why Am I Up At 1:34 AM?

Because I just finished watching "The Departed" with Marty (Jolie fell asleep about half-way through). It was a good movie, but Best Picture? I don't know. Guess I'll have to watch the other nominated movies to decide for myself. And was Martin Scorcese really the Best Director this year, or was he just awarded for all the times he should have been but wasn't?

You know, I used to be a morning person. I remember when I worked at Circle Square Ranch, I was up at 5:00 AM, and able to go through until 10:00 or 11:00 PM. Those sunrises were amazing. I miss that, but I just can't do it anymore! Tuesdays and Wednesdays are Marty's days to help Jolie get the kids ready for school so I can sleep in (since I usually get up with the kids Saturday morning so they can sleep in, and Sunday morning, I get myself and Layni ready for church). Even with the sun shining this morning, it was hard to get up. Am I just lazy, overtired, or what? Thank God for hot showers! Once I have my hot shower, I'm good to go. I guess it's my equivalent to most people's coffee.

Today I wrote some letters, did laundry (it never ends!), went to the gym, played Scrabble on the computer with Jolie (and won, not that I'm bragging, hee hee!), brainstormed with Jolie for names for her jewelery line (which included looking up words in Greek; she was very impressed I could actually read it), finished another Junie B. Jones book with Layni, and now I'm ready for bed. And you bet, I'm taking advantage of being able to sleep in tomorrow morning. I'm not as young as I used to be, haha!, and staying up until 2:00 AM, even for a good movie, kills me! I don't blame Jolie for opting for her cozy bed instead.

No comments: