Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Better Day

Today was a much better day. Yesterday I finished Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn - it was excellent, as are all her books. I started reading her book An Outlandish Companion, which has all sort of interesting tidbits about the novels, characters, how she does research and came to write the books etc. I got to sleep in again this morning, and the sun shone brightly all day. I submitted an exam for my writing course and went to the gym. Layni and I stopped by the "treat store" as she calls it, and visited the ducks at Garbage Lake. We haven't gotten out for a walk together in a long time. I was so physically tired afterwards (I don't know if it was from working out at the gym or what) but I let Layni watch a movie she got from the church library while Lysa and I napped. (Marty and Jolie had gone for their night courses.) I had to force myself to get up at 7:00 and get the supper and bathtime routine going. Just felt completely zonked. (Isn't that a great word?) We started the latest Junie B. Jones book tonight - Dumb Bunny. They are hilarious - I highly recommend them. Layni and I only have four more to read and then I don't know what we'll do. Maybe I'll try the Narnia series with her. But she loves the humour in the Junie B. books - and so do I! Jolie and Marty got home just in time for Lost - our shared addiction. What is up with Jack? Hopefully tomorrow will be as good as today - or better!

No comments: