Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Last Few Days

I've been getting to bed late the last few days, so I've been too sleepy to blog at the end of the day (and couldn't find time anywhere in the middle!) They've mostly been good, except I've been SO tired and Layni's been driving me crazy. She can be amazingly annoying and irritating; thank God for her occasional redeeming moments :)

Thursday night I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (starring Will Ferrell) with Jolie and Marty. Yes, it was ridiculous and silly, but I laughed so hard that I cried. When you get me and Jolie together watching a movie like that, we're hopeless. I think the most entertaining thing for Marty was watching us watch it. Friday night, Jolie had to work, so Marty and I watched (at the opposite end of the spectrum) Babel, a good (what some people would call "artsy-fartsy") movie about how lives are intertwined and we don't always understand other people's sides of the story.

Today, Sunday afternoon, Layni and I went with Maria and her daughter, Alyssa, to the Eagle Ridge theatre to watch Charlotte's Web. I remember my teacher in Grade 2 or 3 reading the book to us; it's always been a favourite. I had a great time gorging myself on popcorn (Layni managed to get a few kernels) and watching the show. I probably enjoyed it more than Layni! (And I'm not just talking about the popcorn, though that's true too.)

Well, it's after 12:00 so technically it's tomorrow already - and this was my night to get to sleep early! Thank God it's spring break and we can sleep in a little bit tomorrow. Jolie and Marty will need it to recover from working St. Patrick's Day weekend in the bar and I'll need it to recover from taking care of their kids while they worked!

No comments: