Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another Week Gone

It's Friday night - actually Saturday morning now - and another week is gone. April is almost over. It was great to get back to the gym today, though I'm still sniffling and coughing, but after a week and a half, I couldn't take it anymore!

My best friend recently got me hooked on Elizabeth Peter's Amelia Peabody series, about husband, wife and son archaeologists exploring Egypt in the late 1800's; however, the latest Yada Yada Prayer Group book by Neta Jackson just came out, so that takes precedence. I cannot recommend this series highly enough - you will fall in love with this wildly diverse group of women and you will learn so much through their life journeys. This is the last in the series, except for a holiday novella coming out in the fall, so don't be afraid to jump in - they're awesome!

Lysa's been back to school this week, though still very tired and a little grumpy sometimes, we're told. Layni's got the sniffles now too. Oh, the fun of passing germs around! The kids had today off from school (Pro-D day) so Layni and Mattias had lots of fun playing in the backyard and we went to the park after supper. Lysa got out for a couple of walks too.

We started a new Bible study Thursday morning, on Beth Moore's book "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things." I've never read her books before, but I've heard lots of good things about her, and am excited to get to know some different women from church better.

Well, it's one o'clock in the morning and I've wasted the last hour playing silly games on the computer and enjoying the quiet. But morning and mayhem will arrive too soon, so I'd better get some sleep. Good night, dear friends!

No comments: