Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Mom

I honestly can't imagine a better mother than mine. I am so grateful for her. This was the first Mother's Day since I moved out here that I missed her SO much. I cried a little during our church service and Mother's Day Tea, as I thought about how blessed I am and how much I miss her.

My mom sent us to Sunday School as children, where I learned about Jesus, and thus she gave me the greatest gift of all - a Saviour who has sustained me for over twenty years. My greatest prayer is that she will know His love for her and that we will celebrate that love together one day in heaven.

My mom is an example to me of integrity, honesty and generosity. She is the kind of person who will give back the extra change the cashier gave her, who gives generously to everyone and is always willing to help out.

My mom is a very gifted knitter. I can only knit dishcloths and maybe a scarf, but she knits the most beautiful sweaters and mittens. She's an artist!

My mom didn't kill me when I carved I HATE SEWING into her sewing machine during my Grade 9 Home Economics class, because she completely agrees with the sentiment.

My mom is funny. She may have no idea what Saturday Night Live is, but when she first came out to visit me in BC, we went to see "Superstar" starring Molly Shannon as Mary Katherine Gallagher, and she laughed her head off. She's so silly, and I love it! She's always sending me comics or funny things she's read so I get a laugh and lots of love in the mail.

She's supported me, even when she didn't agree with me.

She is possibly the only person I really enjoy shopping with - especially at dollar stores! We both go crazy.

She listens to me go on about anything and everything...

She cares about all the little details of my life.

She's so much fun just to be with. She doesn't really complain, even when I think she should. She's not perfect, but she's the best.

I pray she knows how much I love her and appreciate her. I pray she's around for many more years, because I don't know how I'll ever live without her. I'm scared to even write that, because I feel like I'm tempting fate. But I know God is in control and He loves her far more than I ever could, and He will care for her, as He has always taken care of me.

No comments: