Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Note Before Turning Off the Computer

Today, Jolie, Marty and I went for a hike around Buntzen Lake - it is gorgeous there. Lush forest, sparkling lake, creeks everywhere... you don't even notice you're huffing and puffing up and down trails - well, mostly you don't! Incredible views, surrounded by the mountains... it's amazing. It boggles my mind to think I've only seen a miniscule portion of the wonders of God's creation down here on earth (in Western Canada and the Eastern United States and Canada). And this world is just a foretaste of our heavenly home. Wow!

Our family's latest obsession is playing badminton in the backyard. Marty's been patiently working with Layni, and she has improved so much. We can actually hit the birdie back and forth now! And today, I tried out her jumping rope and gave myself whiplash on my leg (but as Layni pointed out, it was in a really cool shape - sort of a cross between a horseshoe and a ribbon). I may be only thirty, but I've already lost a lot of my skills, haha!

My friend Krista introduced me to Chuzzles as payback for introducing her to facebook. I get terribly addicted to these silly computer games!

Well, it's 10:00 PM and I want to soak my feet, work on Bible study, have a snack and maybe read just a few more chapters of Harry Potter... I'm in the Goblet of Fire (my favourite book) right now. Yes, I've embraced my utter geekiness as I've aged. Why fight it? I'll never be cool, but I'm happy and pretty damn fabulous, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Instructor Krista said...

You are fabulous!

a total chuzzle addict, but fabulous nonetheless!

and if reading Harry Potter makes one a geek... i'm right there with ya sister!