Friday, May 04, 2007

Tidbits From the Last Week

Sunday actually was sunny, so Layni and I got to wear our skirts to church (we walk half an hour to church, so that's why it has to be not-pouring-rain-and-cold). I wore a pair of Jolie's beautifully designed and created earrings and bracelet (yep, I'm plugging her - as my employer, if she does well, I do well!). Marty said, "Janis, you actually look really nice!" in a semi-shocked voice, which made me laugh..."I'm just not used to seeing you dressed up!" Yeah, I'm usually in jeans, and have food or paint or some other indication of my nanny status decorating me :) After church, Layni and I went to our last show of the season at the Evergreen Cultural Centre - "Family Portrait" performed by the Sursault Dance Company. The tap dancing part was good... otherwise, it was a bit too abstract, modern-artish for me, especially in my sleepy state. (I'm always exhausted after getting up and getting myself and the kids ready for church, and then usually going for lunch after, and usually they've kept me up late the night before - where do they get their stamina?!)

Monday, I cancelled two of my five credit cards. I know, I can't believe I had five credit cards either! I got my Visa, the one I usually use, which has a $500 limit (which keeps me living within my means!) when I went away to college. Then a few years ago, I got a Sears card when I went shopping with my friend Debbie, because I got 20% off my purchase - and because I didn't think they'd actually give me one. I only used it that one time. Then the same day, shopping with Debbie (she's such a bad influence - but I love her!), I got a Victoria's Secret credit card (I was shopping for Alisha's shower before her wedding) because they promised me all this free stuff... of course, the fine print said I had to spend a bundle first, so I didn't end up using that one ever. (Those are the two I cancelled.) I got my HBC-Zellers credit card so I could save on my initial purchase (am I a cheapskate or frugal?) and never used that one again. The last one is my Wal-Mart credit card, which I got because it's just really cool to have a credit card with a happy face on it - how could I resist? I've actually used that one a couple times, because I do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart or Army & Navy. Anyway...

WHY hasn't Billy Ray been kicked off "Dancing With the Stars"? If he's not kicked off this week, there is no justice in this world.

Layni and her friend Erica begged their principal to do a "talent show" in front of the whole school. Layni's not shy, that's for sure! She told them they could do "an educational demonstration" of Tae Kwon Do and karate at the Recognition Assembly on Wednesday. I went to watch... I don't know how educational it was, but it was definitely entertaining. At one point, Layni did this little dance around Erica, who was actually performing some karate moves. She's crazy, but you've got to love her chutzpah!

Oh, the tragedy... Gilmore Girls has been cancelled, and Scrubs probably will be too. Why, WHY, do they take away everything I love? Maybe I should get a life...

It's now Friday night, the kids are all in bed, and I'm hoping to head there soon myself. But first I'm going to indulge in my latest addiction... Facebook. It's been so cool to reconnect with friends from high school and that I worked with at Circle Square Ranch many years ago. Even Jolie and Marty have become hooked. Pretty soon, the kids may have to fend for themselves, haha!

2 comments:

Instructor Krista said...

Drat you and your cursed facebook...

Fierce Girl said...

I too am mourning the eventual demise of Gilmore Girls and Scrubs. Yet ER is STILL running. Isn't it time to cancel THAT show? There's no justice!