Saturday, June 23, 2007

What A Night!

Tonight, the kids and I watched a video they had picked out from the church library called "HoopDogz." I wasn't expecting much, quite frankly; it just looked like another kids cartoon about dogs playing basketball and learning a good life lesson. To my surprise and delight, it was hilarious! It's a series by the guys who created "Doug," "Stanley," and "Global Thingy" (which I've actually seen as it's featured on good old Sesame Street), based on the Ten Commandments. This episode "God Good, Idols Bad" was based on the second commandment. What makes this show is the televangelists Chad Dimple and Rebecca Ruth St. Esther Eve - I was laughing my head off - Layni was looking at me like I was crazy. Seriously, you have to watch this show... it's funny and has a point and best of all, it's FUNNY!!!

Unfortunately, after the movie I lost my temper with Layni and yelled at her and threw her toy across the room. It was a ball of yarn that she was pretending was her pet cat, so it's not like anything got broken, but I hate it when I lose my temper. She drives me to it, mind you, but I still don't like it. Here's my list of complaints (for tonight): doesn't listen, doesn't do as she's told, always questions, whines, complains, and is the mouthiest little brat... and so it gets to the point where I lose it and start yelling. This is why I never wanted to have kids, because I thought I'd be a terrible parent! And as soon as I've done it, I regret it and think, why didn't I just take a time-out and breathe or count to ten (or a hundred) or pray... why did I just lose my temper and yell? So, as many times before, I sat down with Layni and apologized for losing my temper and we talked about why I reacted that way and what we could both do in the future to prevent it. Will it make a difference? Maybe for a few days... any advice anybody? Thank God He's the perfect heavenly Father for both me and Layni, and that we have Him to turn to when we screw up (as we so often do!).

No comments: