Friday, July 20, 2007

The Eve of the Big Day!

Yes, tomorrow, Saturday, July 21st, is the day... the last Harry Potter book comes out!!! Oh, I mean it's my brother's wedding day... that's more important. Yeah. It's a good thing I'm too cheap to pay $30 or $40 for it, or you know I'd be reading it at the reception, hee hee. At least Krista understands my obsession :) Well, I've painted my toenails and shaved my legs... my brother and his soon-to-be-wife should be honoured... I'm even putting on some make-up and heels for the occasion... granted, they're not very high heels, as I'm a ridiculously clumsy person, but I'm doing my best!

My younger brother, Kevin, arrived tonight and made us all laugh with his funny stories of his trauma trying to get through security, among other things... Kev is a big guy, kind of scruffy-looking, and they made him take off his belt and shoes to examine them, turned out his pockets, patted him down and asked him if he'd been drinking (he hadn't been, by the way!) He is quite the entertaining fellow.

I visited with my best friend, Alisha, her mom, Sharon, and daughter, Ella, today. We went out for lunch at Jungle Jim's and talked and laughed... it was great. Ella, who is 2 1/2, is quite the talker and entertainer... a delightful kid who is more grown up every time I see her!

Well, we are heading down to St. Andrews (a beautiful little seaside town) tomorrow morning - the wedding is early afternoon, followed by lunch, a boat cruise and a barbeque. My big brother is all grown up and getting married, woo hoo!

1 comment:

Krista said...

hmmmmmm i seem to have 2 copies.... weird.... perhaps one is yours.... hmmmmm weird.....

<3 ya

Krista