Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm Back!

I got back to Port Coquitlam at 2:30 AM on Monday after a sixteen hour layover in Toronto on Sunday. Fortunately, my dear friend Yuriko, from college days, was able to meet me at the airport. We went to church, out for lunch and then to her apartment to look at her wedding pictures and for me, to take a much-needed nap. I was especially glad to see her, as she will soon be moving back to Japan with her new husband. She is such a wonderful person and I'm so grateful for her friendship.

The next couple days, I thought Layni might never stop attacking me with hugs, kisses and outbursts of "I missed you SO much!" Yes, I missed you too - now get off me! Jolie's mom and step-dad stayed until Friday, so I enjoyed visiting with them as well as catching up with everyone.

I took Layni and Lysa to the pool on Tuesday, where we ended up staying 3 1/2 hours, much to my shock... I still can't believe we were there that long... those girls love the water! I've been getting back to the gym - which I really needed! - and going for walks with Lysa, picking blackberries, and enjoying the last couple weeks before school starts. Layni got her yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do on Saturday... way to go, kid! Should I be scared of you yet? Haha! She can be my personal bodyguard.

Thursday night, Jolie and I got a shock as we left for the gym about 8:30 PM - a couple of bear cubs climbing the tree in our front yard right by the driveway, soon followed by their mama. Actually, it turned out there were three, Jolie's mom told us when we came home. My mom said she's never coming to visit me... it's too dangerous!

It's good to be back, though I miss my family in New Brunswick. I wish, once again, that the two coasts weren't so far apart (or I had more time and money to travel!) but I am so grateful to have had a whole month to relax and just be with the people I love there. It was wonderful.

No comments: