Thursday, September 13, 2007

Apocalypse Now, Part Two

Tuesday morning, I did something I never would have dreamed I would ever in my lifetime do... I went to a Power Step class with Jolie at the gym. You work out for an hour doing weights, squats, lunges, sit-ups, stretches etc. to music. Okay, have you ever seen the Steve Martin movie "The Jerk"? I highly recommend it, by the way. I AM STEVE MARTIN! No, I think I'm WORSE than Steve Martin... I have no rhythm AT ALL. I can't even clap in time to the music at church. It's embarassing really, but it certainly keeps me humble. The funniest thing was when the instructor actually mentioned that movie... probably because of me, haha! Jolie was telling me how it's really cool when everyone is in sync, and it feels like a Britney Spears video (because of the coordinated movements, not the provocative clothes!) and how she curses the person who screws up and ruins the mood. I'm like, HELLO! THAT'S ME! WHY are you bringing me along? Well, I survived, though I think I looked like a fish out of water, desperately flapping around on the shore, trying to keep up and not die. I thought I was going to die during the lunges... they're brutal! It was quite the workout, and I conquered yet another fear, thanks to Jolie's encouragement. I don't think I'll ever get in sync though! Jolie's like, well, religion comes easily to you, physical stuff comes easily to other people. So I guess I'm good at something... just not anything that involves physical coordination! And she wants me to learn to ride a bike... HA! Maybe she has a secret death wish for me... and after all I do for her...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hello Janis, of course I remember you. I loved to listen to your reading during the church's worship time. I always wanted to try to talk to you whenever we came across, but I guess I was not courageous enough ~ :( ~ I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog and left a message. It's great to share your life and faith with friends around the world. See you again.