Thursday, September 13, 2007

Apocalypse Now

It started out like any other Sunday morning... me yelling at the kids to hurry up so we wouldn't be later than usual to church... Layni finding leaves and rocks and other treasures to share with Mattias on the walk there... enjoying Sunday morning fellowship... going to McDonalds for lunch. It was there, sitting in the french fries-shaped chair, that it happened. I had only eaten three chicken nuggets and not even finished my fries when I thought, "I don't really want to finish this. I'm kind of sick of this food. I really wouldn't mind if we didn't come here for awhile." I cannot believe after thirty years, it's finally happened... I'm somewhat sick of McDonalds! It might not be my favourite restaurant in the world anymore! Maybe I have a brain tumour. Okay, that's not funny... but it would explain the radical shift in my perspective. I think the end is near...

No comments: