Monday, October 29, 2007

Shut Up!

Okay, downstairs used to be my quiet domain. When Jolie's down here, creating her beautiful jewelery, it still is. When Marty and Jolie are "discussing" things, like right now, I'm about to go mad. Are all Polish people so loud? Is it possible for Marty to talk at a normal decibel level? Would he even be able to whisper if he tried? These are the questions that plague me at times like this. For God's sake, and my sake, SHUT UP!!!

I got an envelope in the mail today that says, "With 57 cents a day YOU can feed an elderly Jew." Is it just me or does this strike you as sort of a demeaning way of putting it? It's from the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews of Canada, asking for money to feed poor, elderly, Russian Jews. A worthy cause, I'm sure - just an odd way of putting it - to me, at least.

Layni's school had a fundraiser called "Horror on the Hill" - a haunted house set up in their multi-purpose room. Layni was quite taken with the whole thing... was it only last year that skeletons and creepy crawlies freaked her out? So I come home from church Sunday night, and she's set up a haunted house in her room, with dim lighting, spiders, and "Be sure to look in the closet, Janis!" - her dolls laid out like corpses. Not sure whether to be amused or disturbed...

Had coffee with a bunch of friends this morning. As I was walking over, God reminded me once again of how far He's brought me. I remember having panic attacks in public places like a coffee shop; I tended to avoid social interaction altogether. I used to think I was doomed to live the rest of my life in fear; I believed all things were possible for God, but I thought very few things were possible for me. My life is proof of miracles and the seemingly impossible becoming possible by the grace of God. Thank You, Jesus - keep working in and on and through me!

I've been going through stuff today... managed to get rid of a whole box of books! I have a lot of stuff... I'm so sentimental, especially when it comes to cards, letters, pictures kids have made me... baby steps, right?

Okay, Marty has lowered his voice, so I'll actually be able to get to sleep now, haha! Off to bed I go...

1 comment:

Krickit said...

Ya... it's a total polish thing... you should hear my gramma... wow...

makes me sound like a mouse! I think she'd even drown Maria out! haha!!