Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Testing the Limits of my Love

I swear, if I did not love our cat so much, I would kill Jake. After giving the kids baths, feeding them supper, doing homework with them, I came downstairs for a moment to get something from my room. And what did I find? Jake had puked not only all over my bed (penetrating not only the comforter, but both sheets... talk about a power puke!) but on my notebook filled with my Bible study notes, which I had been working on earlier in the afternoon. I had to rip out all the pages, wipe them off, and will have to recopy them, either on the computer or by hand (which I prefer), and had to throw the notebook into the recycling bin. I was not feeling very loving towards the kitty tonight. But THANK GOD, he didn't puke on my Bible, because God knows what I would have done then! Seriously, that cat tests the limits of my love... why always me? This never happens to Jolie or Marty or the girls... Marty thinks maybe he was possessed by Satan to put a damper on my Jesus study... Jolie thinks it's just because he feels so comfortable and at home in my room... neither are comforting theories. Anyway, I'm sure I will forgive and mostly forget... in a few days...

2 comments:

Family Of Five said...

It's very good practice! I am going through something similar with our cat too! It tests the limits of your unconditional love...tests you for parenthood :) You can't exactly give your kids away if they start doing things you don't like!!! Learning to correct the behavior and love through the good and the bad! I have some links our breeder sent us if you are interested!!

Janis said...

Believe me, the three kids have done a fine job testing my limits... I don't need Jake to contribute too ;) Can you correct vomiting? It's because he ate the stupid ribbon, which he has done since he was a kitten, Jolie tells me...