Sunday, October 21, 2007

Whining Helps...

You know, I think just expressing how you're feeling helps, get it out there, good or bad, and then you can let it go. I need to do that, instead of just letting stuff simmer inside me. So I'm going to try to do that on a regular basis now, even if it's just writing a few sentences about my day before bed.

Why am I up at 12:00 AM? Enjoying the peace and quiet... Marty's at work, the kids are in bed, Jolie and I are hanging out in the basement, which is our cozy little retreat now. She's set up her jewelery-making space, I have a card-making space, and our computers. The squeak of the furnace, which hasn't given out yet; otherwise, silence. Blissful! I need quiet time. After I take the kids to church and lunch, I come home and have a nap. In some ways, it feels like a waste of time, but on the other hand, I obviously need it... I guess it's my time to catch up on sleep that I've missed during the crazy week.

I'm reading "The Fiery Cross", book five in Diana Gabaldon's AWESOME Outlander series. If you love historical fiction/romance, you will love these books. But they're LONG... I've been reading this one for months now and am only 2/3 of the way through! They take place primarily in Scotland, then the American colonies, in the second part of the 18th century. It makes me think a lot about what it would be like to live back then, and how much our world has changed... but I'll have to save those musings for another post.

Went to the second night of Faith Legacy Scrapbooking tonight... I love our instructor, Mona, who goes to my church. She is such a patient teacher and gentle, kind spirit... a blessing to everyone around her. The course is one night a month for ten months and chronicles our faith journey. I was looking for pictures of my baptism for tonight's page, and finally found them mixed in with my college graduation pictures... not really sure why... but looking through all those old pictures on my search - of high school, college, working at Circle Square Ranch, my early years when I first moved to Vancouver... made me miss those places and people and times in my life, but so grateful for all those experiences and loved ones.

Well, I should get to bed... morning always comes early, and I have some preparing to do for our card-making night at church tomorrow. Can't believe it's here already!

No comments: