Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lazy, lazy....

Yes, I've been a lazy blogger lately, so I'm just going to throw stuff out there...

- went to Disney on Ice presents Princess Wishes on Thursday night with Jolie, Layni, and Layni's friend, who was celebrating her 7th birthday. I've never seen anything but hockey on ice, so I was captivated... there was fire and bubbles and smoke and fireworks and awesome skating... it was fantastic! Okay, now I want to see Nemo on Ice because I LOVE Nemo! And Jolie bought me a HUGE bag of popcorn, and although I could feel my arteries clogging up, I just couldn't stop myself... I can't say no to that terrible, wonderful salty, buttery deliciousness... I mostly finished it before the show started or I wouldn't have been able to focus otherwise, haha!

- Layni is participating in a Tae Kwon Do exhibition tomorrow and will be getting promoted to green belt (or is it green stripe?) - she's a third of the way through... only eight more belts to go. Kind of scary, but at least I'll have a bodyguard, haha!

- Had my third scrapbooking class Sunday night... I really need to finish my pages from the last two months... I'm such a procrastinator.

- Rearranged my room, so at least it's vacuumed and dusted though still not organized !

- So immersed in Diana Gabaldon's "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" - I'm 2/3 of the way through... I suppose it will be good when I'm done, so I won't have my head completely in the 18th century, but it will be such a loss when it's over... might have to reread the series again... hee hee. I love them like family, is that terrible? Must remind myself, they are not real people, Janis!

- Only a few weeks of Bible study left. We've gone through prayers of the Old and New Testaments and the Ancient Church... it's amazing to learn from the faith of those who have gone before us, and to think one day, we'll meet in heaven and be praising God together. Wow. In the new year, we'll be doing a Beth Moore study, which I'm sure will be awesome... the last one was.

- The kids have built a "clubhouse" in the top of the bunkbed downstairs... Layni and Mattias are currently sleeping there, which I wouldn't think would be that comfortable as there's no mattress, but they've padded it with pillows and blankets and seem happy enough.

- Lysa is doing SO great holding her head up while on her tummy, and looking all around. And she finally got her new hand splint after months of waiting.

- Christmas is coming!

And so is 1:00 AM, so I should be getting to bed... by the way, thanks everyone, for the beautiful comments on my last post... I love you all!

No comments: