Monday, December 17, 2007

Foiled Again!

I was so excited to see "It's a Wonderful Life" on the Granville Island stage last Tuesday (and find out the rest of the story!)... unfortunately, I discovered they were all sold out when I called to check (we were going to use a 2 for 1 coupon from the Entertainment book so we couldn't get tickets in advance). So disappointing. But we decided to go to Canada Place and see "The Polar Express" in 3D Imax... let me tell you, all movies should be in 3D Imax! It was like you were right there in the movie. We walked around Canada Place, admiring the theme trees and the Christmas displays from the old Woodwards store... it was a lovely, Christmasy evening... and we even got our picture taken with Santa Claus (though we refused to sit on his lap and elected for the arms of his chair instead). I told him I wanted lots of books and he gave me a candy cane and told me not to wait twenty-five years before talking to him again. It was fun to get downtown and do something - well, if not exactly grown-up, at least WITH another grown-up! As for "It's a Wonderful Life", I probably won't have time before Christmas, but after Christmas, I'm going to watch that movie and finally find out exactly what happens! That's my new year's resolution anyway :)

No comments: