Monday, December 10, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year... and the Busiest!

Okay, Krista, you've guilted me into posting! It's been super-busy around here. Last week Jolie went to Edmonton to set up some of her jewelry in her sister's store and today, she went downtown to set up her stuff in a shop called "Eklectica"... her pieces are beautiful (not that I'm biased!) and we're hoping she makes tons of money so she can quit the bar. You can check out her artistry at her sister's store on facebook - QTSI D Inc.

We set up our Christmas tree this weekend and it looks beautiful... I LOVE sitting at night by the lights of the tree... so peaceful and lovely. I tackled my room today, which was not only the repository of all MY junk, but all the Christmas presents, wrapping paper etc. It's far from perfect, but at least I can see major portions of my floor now :) I got a few Christmas cards done today... I really can't spend 45 minutes creating one-of-a-kind cards and expect to get them all sent out! (Krista, you should be honoured you're so special!) But it's so much fun creating with all the tools and embellishments.

Do any of you have a book or a movie that you've gotten part way through but were repeatedly thwarted in finishing? For the longest time, that movie was "Annie" - I'd get to the part on the railroad tracks, but time and again never get to see the ending. Another movie is "A Wonderful Life" - a Christmas classic, but I've only ever made it up to the part where he saves the day when the medicine gets mixed up... well, tomorrow night, I'll find out the ending of the story! My friend and I are going to see the play on the Granville Island Stage... last year we saw "A Christmas Story" and it was wonderful... funny and sweet and the set was AMAZING! And then maybe, sometime this Christmas season, I will watch the movie once and for all!

I can't believe how December is zipping along... two weeks from now, I will be at my brother's place in Calgary, and Christmas will be almost over! But I've got a few things to do first... shopping, wrapping presents, sending Christmas cards (better late than never, right?!), my scrapbooking class, my birthday... yay! I love this wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

Krickit said...

Sigh... thank you. Much better!

It's a wonderful life with Jimmy Stewart... one of my favourite Christmas movies! You have to watch it! I love old black and white movies, I'm such a geek! You can tell i grew up living with my grandparents can't you!?!