Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's Over!

The birthday madness is officially over for last year... yes, it carried on into the new year with the girls' skating party at 8 Rinks in Burnaby this afternoon. Jolie says this is the last big blow-out... next year they can have a friend over for a movie or something. Less stress, headache and far less money!

We all did have lots of fun (besides the stress and the headache, haha!). Fortunately, I got to push Lysa around the ice in her stroller, which meant I was able to stay on my feet - otherwise, my butt would have been on the ice 99% of the time, I'm sure! Several of her friends kept us company as we skated and enjoyed playing with her "fart-maker" - one of her favourite toys from Santa. (Thanks, Shawn, for the inspiration that day in Clipper Street... you and Lysa would get along famously!) Layni just started skating lessons and mostly stayed on her feet. Mattias didn't really start having a good time until his dad whipped him around the ice on a chair... probably not sanctioned by the management, but somehow Marty usually gets away with stuff like that.

After ice time, the kids coloured birthday Beanie bears (well, puppies, kittens and unicorns actually) while waiting for the pizza and cake, which was followed by the madness of gift opening. Imagine ten kids ripping up tissue paper, jumping up and down and screaming at the top of their lungs... good times.

I'm glad the girls got one all-out big birthday bash to remember, but I'm glad it's over too... and I hope for simpler celebrations in the future!

No comments: