Friday, January 04, 2008

Volfied

Tonight, I laughed so hard, it hurt. I was literally rolling around on the floor, to the point of tears. Jolie and Marty introduced me to a video game from 1989 called "Volfied." You have to understand, I generally don't play video games, and there's a good reason for that. I freak out. Actually, I freak out watching OTHER people play video games. I have to hold my hand over my mouth to smother my gasps of horror and cries of terror when danger threatens. Imagine how bad it is, when I'M actually playing... probably one of the most hilarious sights in the world. And Marty's comments about my abilities... even funnier. NOW, he understands WHY I don't drive! And he's very grateful I'm not on the roads, endangering innocent people. Most people think I'm joking when I say that, but I'm really not. It has been a long time, too long, since I've laughed that hard. It felt really good.

And now, I have a new addiction. I actually made it past level one a couple times... who knows, maybe sometime this year I'll crack level two. (I say that as a new year has just started, so there may be hope of it, haha!)

I am really grateful for the gift of laughter... it has been my salvation many times through the years. After all, it's hard to kill yourself if you're laughing! That may seem to be a macabre sentiment, but it's so true. I am so grateful for a God with a wicked sense of humour (if you'll pardon the expression) - and that He gave me that gift too!

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

My hubby always says and truly believes that laughter is one of the best medicines!