Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It was so hard to get up this morning... Jolie, Marty and I had watched "3:10 to Yuma" last night, which was an excellent movie starring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, who is an incredible actor... and I've loved Christian Bale since he starred in the Disney musical "Newsies" MANY years ago. But as it turned out, I got to go back to bed for an hour as school was cancelled - yay!

I trudged through the snow to my friend's house, where we enjoyed a great time of Bible study, prayer and chatting. She is an amazing woman who has survived so much... we both love card-making, old movies, and of course, Jesus, and share many of the same struggles as well. I am so blessed that God brought her into my life at just the right time.

Layni was very upset about missing her skating lesson this afternoon, so we trekked over to the library to return some books and look for more Geronimo Stilton... alas, the library closed early due to the weather. But she had a great time anyway, throwing snowballs at me, climbing snow drifts, and generally being silly. We came home and played in the backyard until it got dark, and after lying in the snow and staring at the stars, Jolie called us in for supper and bath time.

I need to learn to upload? download? whatever you do with the pictures on your digital camera, so that you can all see how absolutely beautiful it is here - the bonus being it's not ridiculously cold like in NB or Alberta! It was nice today as we didn't have to go anywhere, but I hope tomorrow the roads are clear, as Jolie has to go to Children's Hospital downtown to pick up Lysa's prescription.

Well, I think I'll go have a barley toy and finish Natalie Wood's biography...

No comments: