Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You know you're getting old when...

I remember when I was younger, staying up until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning to finish a good book. This is so pathetic... last night, I had ONE page left in my Natalie Wood biography... ONE PAGE!!! And I couldn't stay awake to finish it after repeated attempts... that is just so wrong. I'm only 31... what am I going to be like in 5, 10, 20 years?!

On a happier note, I love our backyard. This house is falling apart (the screen door literally fell off one day when we opened it... not off the hinges; the HINGES fell off!) but we have a BEAUTIFUL backyard filled with trees. I love trees... they remind me of the forests in NB. It's so great to fly home and see all the green when you're looking out the plane window, with the occasional small patches of "civilization." The only time I don't enjoy it, is when we had those terrible wind storms, and you hear the trees creaking... made me a little nervous... but spiced up my prayer life, haha! I love watching the squirrels and birds in our backyard playing in the snow. We have black and grey squirrels... Jolie was ecstatic when Safeway blew out the nuts after Christmas, only 99 cents a bag! We can't feed the birds, sadly, as it was attracting rats, but we can still feed our squirrels... Screeny, Steve and Tufty, among others. By the way, the book "Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend" (and the original "Scaredy Squirrel") by Melanie Watts, is a classic. Okay, must go try to get some food into Lysa, who's home from school with a fever, poor girl.

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

Hope Lysa is feeling better!