Monday, February 25, 2008

Little White House

I've been struggling lately with being tired and unmotivated... feeling Blah, even with all this beautiful sunshine. It's hard to get up in the mornings and get going. I just feel like I need some inspiration in my life or something. Anyway, I'm thankful for friends and sunshine, walks in nature and cuddles with the kids, fun stories to read and music to sing along with... all the little things that mean so much and make the days worth it all.

Today, Jolie, Marty and I went for an impromptu adventure in Fort Langley. I love that place! I wish we had more time to savour all the beauty and atmosphere it holds, but even the little tastes we get are so refreshing. One of my favourite places is the Little White House. It's funny because I'm not really inspired to BUY anything that's sold there, but I love wandering through, admiring the furnishings and build of the place, the sunshine streaming through the windows and all the old-fashioned beauty of the building. It reminds me of my grandmother's house and all those old houses that have so much character and beauty... nothing modern compares... I can't even begin to explain it. I told Jolie, "Wouldn't you love to plop this house in the middle of several acres of land and live happily ever after?" Marty thinks we're crazy - he was getting seasick from the slant of the floors, but Jolie and I have similar tastes in loving old things with character and history. We often joke (though only half-kidding) that we were born in the wrong era... though let me say, I will always be pro-indoor plumbing and hot showers! It's fun to dream of living in such a beautiful house or owning some of the gorgeous antiques sold in all the treasure troves in Fort Langley. I never anticipate having that, but it's still wonderful to know such beauty exists and to enjoy its existence in the world, even though it's not "mine" - the idea or dream is free!

I don't even know if that all made sense, but it was a fun day. We stopped at the old-fashioned diner there for lunch... Jolie and Marty are a hilarious couple when they're not fighting ;) Tonight, we watched Ratatouille, which was a delightful movie. And now, it's time for bed!

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

I love smaller as opposed to bigger houses! I am thinking of you and hope you are doing good!!