Friday, February 15, 2008

Tidbits From and About the Kids

One night, I was climbing up onto the top of the bunk bed to read Geronimo Stilton with Layni before bed when she asks me, "Janis, when are you going to get a job?" I get so little respect ;)

Lysa is getting to do lots of fun new stuff at school. One day, she went bowling. They have a special slide that goes from the top of her wheelchair and curves down to the floor and all she has to do is push the ball (with a little help from her SEA) and the momentum takes it down to (hopefully!) hit some pins. I heard she had a great time once she got used to the new noises and atmosphere of a different environment. Mattias just wanted to know if she won!

One Sunday after church when we went to McDonalds, Mattias came out of the play area with tears welling up in his eyes and a pout on his face. "Layni was hitting me!" Layni soon came out and when asked if she had been hitting Mattias, responded, "Well, I was hitting him NICELY... more like patting really."

Today, Mattias wanted me to play video games with him, so we put on Curious George. He was having trouble getting past a difficult section and begged me to help him. "Well, I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll try." (I am infamously bad at video games.) Less than a minute later, he gently took the controls from my hands and said, "Janis, let me help you."

4 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Kids really do say the darndest things!! Remember that show? They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! A JOB??? A JOB??? You don't get paid enough for the job you already have - which I know Jolie would agree with! Did you STRANGLE her? And if not, how did you control yourself!!!???

Janis said...

Thanks "anonymous" for the outrage, but she IS seven... her idea of a real job is working in a bar, haha!

Krickit said...

Don't you just love it when kids are better at things than you??? My kids used to regularly whoop my a$$ (said that just for you, as I know you LOVE that word!) at various video games, making me feel old, out of tune with the technological world around me, and like a total dork.

Love it!