Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday - The Ultimate Sacrifice of a Saviour

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

This is probably the most famous verse in the Bible (though Psalm 23 is right up there) and pretty much sums it all up. I'm so grateful that when our hearts are breaking, and we can't formulate thoughts or summon words, that we can just sob at the feet of our Saviour and He understands. He will pick us up out of our pit of sin and shortcomings, pain and despair, and hold us in His loving arms. I couldn't make it through one day without my Saviour. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You for all the pain You suffered on my behalf, thank You for making the ultimate sacrifice because You loved me so much... I can't even begin to fathom it. My meager gratefulness doesn't come close to what You deserve. All I can do is offer You my broken self and say thank You.

No comments: