Sunday, March 09, 2008

I Loved This! She's So Right!

This is an excerpt from Beth Moore's blog:

Yesterday I was with somebody I love who was describing frustration over not being able to get a breakthrough in a work matter. I've been in on it for a while so I knew it had been hard and I was searching for encouraging things to say that weren't just the usuals that we turn to when we don't know what to say. I reached out my hands toward the loved one's hands and said, "Let's pray about it right this minute." And we did. We had no more than said, "In Jesus' Name, Amen," then the telephone rang. It was the call the person had been waiting for and the breakthrough came. The phone call lasted some time so I just kept praying and even doing a few little thank You dances. When the loved one got off the phone, I said, "Can you believe that? That was the Lord!"

To which my loved one said, "You're probably right."

"No," I said, "there's no 'probably' to it! That was the Lord! I mean, did you see that timing??"

The person nodded and said, "Sure may have been!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "SURE MAY HAVE BEEN"?? Are you stinking kidding me? (I didn't say all that part.)

"But you've gotta give Him His glory!" (I did say that.) Or what compels Him the next time when He didn't get any credit the last time? (Didn't exactly say that.)

Girls, listen. GIVE GOD HIS GLORY! When He does something for you, don't sit there and wonder if that may have been Him. GIVE HIM SOME GLORY!! Jump up and down about it. Get excited about it! I don't know about you, but I want God to ENJOY doing some things for me. I want Him to think I'm fun to get a reaction out of. I want to dang well NOTICE. Can you imagine when we thank Him for something that He's up there on His Throne shrugging His shoulders and saying, "I'm not sure what you're talking about. I didn't have anything to do with that"? Does Phil. 2:13 not say that God works in us to will and to act according to His good purpose? Ain't no doubt, Girlfriend. It is GOD.

"Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done!" Ps. 40:5

"I am the Lord; that is My Name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols...Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim His praise...!" Is. 42:8,12

I bolded my favourite part... I love the idea of God getting a kick out of doing something for us to see our reaction... I never thought about it that way... I want to overcome my naturally conservative, cautious, questioning nature and see God's answers to my prayers and celebrate them and make Him laugh with my delight! It doesn't seem fair to ask You to help me with that, Lord, but You know I need Your help... grow my faith, remind to be thankful and joyful and excited about what You're doing... help me to make You laugh in joy!

No comments: