Sunday, April 13, 2008

Looking Forward to a Good Night's Sleep!

That pretty much sums it up, haha! I got four hours last night, and the night before, and I am someone who needs at least eight hours a night... sleep deprivation does not become me. I become easily irritated, more impatient, prone to headaches and the worst... the twitchy eye! Don't mess with me when I'm so tired that the eye is twitching!

The kids were relatively good this weekend... well, Layni and Mattias... Lysa's still killing us with the whining. It makes me realize how much we take for granted what a good, patient, loving, funny, fun kid she is 97% of the time. (But please God, bring that kid back soon!) It's a good thing Layni and Mattias were relatively good or I would have lost it this weekend, I'm pretty sure :)

Today at church, Mattias heaves a big sigh and says, "I can't wait another three weeks." I'm going through my head thinking, "What's happening in three weeks? No birthdays, no holidays..." When I asked, he replied, "In three weeks, I turn into Spiderman." Can you tell who his favourite superhero is? "And I just can't wait!" I'm sure it was hard for Peter Parker too, buddy.

Well, with a nap this afternoon and the prospect of a good seven hours sleep tonight, I'm feeling more sane, calm and ready to face the week. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes that are going to get us all through... and pray that the EEG goes well tomorrow. Good night!

4 comments:

HomeSchooler said...

I'm praying for you, Jolie, and Elyssa today.

Maybe if you repeat "SERINITY NOW!" to yourself a la Frank Costanza, you'd feel better?

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4)

Heather said...

That's so funny about turning into Spiderman!! It's a good thing they make us laugh or we might wring their little necks! Was he heartbroken that we sang Jesus is my superhero in kids church? One of the lines is "He's better than Spiderman" LOL!

Jolie Mack; Designer/Principal said...

Hahahahahah! I'm gonna have to right that date down on my calendar to make sure I'm ready for the transformation! hahahahahahaha!

Krista said...

OMIGOSH, don't tell Shawn that, or he'll be pounding down your door asking how to do it! He's a superhero FREAK!!!