Saturday, April 12, 2008

Losing My Mind

It's Saturday night, I have a headache and I am losing my marbles between Lysa's INCESSANT whining and the freaking phones not working... I hate Marty's stupid internet phones! Okay, they may be cheaper, but I'd like to know if something happened, I would be able to call 911... not with these stupid, unreliable things that are constantly giving out as soon as I start a conversation! And Lysa... I get that you're sick, you're not feeling well, but you're killing me with the whining! I could handle screams and tears, but not this constant, grating whining for HOURS on end! She's had everything - medicine, different kinds of food, different kinds of music, cuddles, singing, DVDs, a long walk, drinks, books, exercise... and yet the sound continues. I had to shut her up in her room with a CD tonight for an hour while I gave the other two a bath; I could not handle it anymore... four extra-strength tylenol later, and I'm still going crazy. She whined for 3 hours NON-STOP last night from 11:30 PM - 2:30 AM... I AM SO TIRED AND FRUSTRATED!!! And Layni and Mattias, when together, even if they are being good, which doesn't often seem to be the case, are so freaking LOUD!!! This may sound terrible, but it will be such a relief this week when Mattias goes home tomorrow night... I just can't take all three kids like this at once. Jolie is losing her mind trying to get ready for Vancouver Fashion Week this week... making jewelery to sell, as well as for the models to wear, getting outfits ready for herself to wear Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, getting all the gajillion details taken care of, and trying to prepare herself emotionally to gear up for all the socializing and networking she's going to have to do, which she's not comfortable with at all. I will be busy taking care of the kids this week as well as the house and helping her out with cleaning jewelery or whatever she needs. I'm hoping Layni and Lysa's grandparents will take them next weekend; that would help out so much. The thought of facing this week is so overwhelming, and I want to help Jolie out as much as I can because I know she's freaking out too. And the cherry on top is Elysa has an EEG on Monday so we have to keep her up until midnight tomorrow, wake her up at 5:00AM and keep her awake until her EEG at 1:00 PM, so I will have to sit in the back of the car on the drive to Children's Hospital to keep her awake while Jolie drives, and then try to settle her down because she's supposed to go to sleep for the EEG. Yeah, right. That's going to be awesome. Oh God, please let Lysa get completely well, and HELP HER TO STOP WHINING! Give Jolie and me strength and energy and a positive attitude this week, help the kids to be good, and by some miracle, let Marty be helpful, considerate, and supportive. Oh Lord, help us all, and grant Jolie success this week, please!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a crazy, crazy week. I'll be praying for you!

Krista said...

Oh Janis, that doesn't sound like much fun at all for you guys...

I'm praying for you too my friend.

Hugs all around

Family Of Five said...

I have faith in you! I know you can make it through this week in one piece and the kids will too! :)
You have much more strength, beauty and love in you than you realize. I see it from here! I have a special place I'd like to take you one day when you have time! Hugs to you during this busy and trying week!

HomeSchooler said...

Keep in mind: this too will pass.

We'll be praying for you!

Janis said...

Thanks for the prayers, hugs and good wishes. I love you guys!