Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh God...

I cry out to You, Lord. I just got the email that Sandra is home with You. Oh Lord, I do believe, help my unbelief. I know she is in perfect peace and health, no more pain or suffering, that her faith has become sight, that she is rejoicing in Your arms right now, and I am so happy for her, Lord. But so, so sad for us. Oh God, I thought she would pull through this time like so many others... I guess no matter what I knew in my head might or probably would happen, my heart couldn't conceive that she would actually leave us. Oh Jesus, help her husband and her sons... give them a hope and a future, which I'm sure they cannot fathom without her in their lives. The world just seems emptier now. Oh God, help them to keep breathing, to survive this loss, this pain... I can't even imagine. Oh Lord, hold them in Your arms... they need you so much, we all do. I don't have any words, Jesus, I don't know what to say, except help us all survive this, help us carry on in a way that honours who Sandra is, which hasn't changed at all even though she doesn't walk this earth anymore. Help us remember our dear beautiful friend as we worship and praise You as she did through the good, the bad and the ugly. Help us to love and to give and to embrace life completely like her. Help us to be just a little bit like this amazing wonderful lady, and the world, though emptier, will be a better place. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You for blessing my life with her presence... for her love, encouragement, faith; she taught me so much, just by being herself. Oh God, thank You that we have hope in You - and help us to hold onto our faith until one day, our faith too, becomes sight, when we stand in Your glorious presence and all our hurts are healed and we become fully ourselves, everything You created us to be. Oh Jesus, my tears cry out to You for all of us who loved Sandra... they say what words never could. To You, Jesus, be all honour, glory and praise, for You alone are worthy. Give Sandra a hug from me, Jesus. In Your precious name I pray, amen.

3 comments:

HomeSchooler said...

I'm praying with you... for her family, and for you.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Krista said...

Thank you for this Janis...

Love you dear friend.

Family Of Five said...

You are all in my thoughts. I am sorry for you... and sorry for her children and husband, her parents... and all the others who loved her. Who's lives she touched. Hugs to you!