Saturday, April 05, 2008

Reader Discretion Advised!

If you get grossed out about bodily functions, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!

One of the "side-effects" if you will, of Lysa's condition, is chronic constipation. We've battled it by loading her up with Wheetabix, keeping her well-hydrated through her G-tube, and by giving her the occasional suppository (hey, I warned you!), but nothing has been consistently effective. Last Monday, her pediatrician prescribed a medication to help combat the problem. Thank God for the G-tube, because this stuff smells like glue - I can't imagine anybody actually being able to drink it. Monday dose - nothing. Tuesday dose - nothing. Wednesday dose - nothing. Thursday dose - finally did the deed (after almost two weeks) but it was hard. Friday - gave her the dose and then checked her pants - okay, it's definitely working now - I think we can cut back on the dosage! Saturday - no dose needed as things are still moving along.

Saturday afternoon - just about to head out the door to see Layni break the board and get her green belt in Tae Kwon Do when...

POOP EXPLOSION!!!
The entire lower half of her was covered, from waist to feet... half a box of wipes and an emergency bath later, I think to myself,
"I missed Layni's promotion ceremony and a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese for this?
I am the best freaking nanny EVER!"
I hope everyone else had a cleaner, more fun afternoon than me... excuse me, I have to go disinfect myself again.

5 comments:

Krista said...

GAG!!! Oh Janis, I'm so sorry! YOU deffinately deserve an award of some sort!

I have to say it my friend... but that's crappy... ;)

We did have fun, but I missed having you there... mostly I missed watching you go mental over Ski Ball!!! ;) We'll have to take a trip out there again one day soon... promise! Last time was so much fun!

Krista said...

Shawn wants to know if you're feeling blue... even though he thinks you're probably feeling brown...

ew

Krista said...

wait... he says he can come up with something better than that...

I'm still waiting though... don't hold your breath...

oh, I wasn't supposed to publish the first one... I'm in doo doo now... kind of like you...

hee hee... SEE???? I AM funnier than he is!!!!

Heather said...

You are the best nanny, hands down! Chelsea did that to me a few times as a baby...I never figured out how it could get all the way up to her neck!! Why does it always happen when you're just about to go out??

Blenda said...

You write very well.