Saturday, May 17, 2008

Loving the Sunshine!

Today was a great day. I slept in for the first time in a long time and enjoyed the rest too much to wallow in guilt about wasting half of such a beautiful day. After a late breakfast, Layni and I cleaned out and filled our little wading pool in the backyard. She, DeeDee and I all squished in for some splashing, kicking fun in the hot sun. While Lysa was napping later, Layni and I laid out on a blanket, doing puzzle books together, then played badminton and tag until supper time. Us girls are heading to Merritt tomorrow for an overnight visit to Jolie's mom and stepdad's, while Marty stays home and enjoys some peace and quiet. I wonder if it will make him miss us? Or just wish we were all gone more often? Haha!

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

I too love the sunshine. Sounds like a perfect day! Have a great trip!