Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feeling Better

Well, I think I'm pretty much over my cold and Lysa seems to be feeling much better too, so we'll probably get back to the pool next week. In the meantime, we've been going for walks on the trails by the river, going to the library, drawing pictures, colouring, and practicing in her stander/walker, which we brought home from school for the summer. She's been in it a few times and it's great practice for her to hold her head up, but yesterday I had an epiphany and thought, "Duh! It would probably be easier for her to actually move if she was on a hardwood floor!" We've been doing it on carpeted areas where there's more room, but yesterday we tried it out on the kitchen floor (besides the bathrooms, the only non-carpeted area in the house). At first, she was just moving her left leg, which is her stronger side, and was turning herself in circles (which was fun nonetheless!) but then she got both legs going and was actually pushing herself backwards in the walker! I was cheering, she was laughing and squealing with excitement... but next time, I must be ready with the camera handy! I'm so proud of her!

Oh, and yesterday I saw "Get Smart" with a friend... I love Steve Carrell - he never fails to make me laugh!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Glad you're doing better. I'll catch you later next week to work on the Newsletter.