Friday, July 04, 2008

Sucker

Usually, I have no problems killing bugs in the house (or bugs out of the house that are on me)... but the other day, I was just about to kill a spider on the kitchen floor when I noticed it only had five legs. I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill a disabled spider! I mean whatever it had been through to lose three legs, it survived and I just couldn't be the one to end his perilous journey through life. So I put him on a piece of paper and deposited him outside to whatever fate may befall him... but at least I gave him a chance.

I'm such a sucker for a sob story, even a spider's.

P.S. When Layni and I told Jolie, she said he was probably some gangsta spider who was amputated in the course of his criminal activities and I should have put him out of his misery. For once in my life, I think someone trumped me on the imagination scale.

No comments: