Monday, September 08, 2008

Two Weeks

Yes, I'm still counting down... and freaking out a little. I have a list of things to do before I leave and time just keeps whizzing by. And I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to see everybody in three weeks... especially when most people are working and/or going to school so I have three weekends to fit everyone in. Different people have suggested just having a big barbecue and inviting everyone, but that way I don't really get to visit with anyone. It's hard being so far away from family and friends... but I have "family" (Jolie and the girls) and friends here too... I just wish I was closer or it was cheaper and/or I had more time to fly back and forth. Three weeks will go by so fast (well, for me there, not so much for Jolie here, haha!) Oh well, what gets done, gets done and what doesn't, doesn't.

The girls are finally getting into their classroom tomorrow... but Jolie needs to switch them. They've been put into a classroom with NONE of their friends or support system (which is weird, because especially for Lysa they usually try to make that effort) and they really need it - Layni even more so than Lysa, I think. So hopefully, that will get worked out quickly and easily for everyone's sakes. Layni was actually home with a cold today... what a way to start the school year! Other than that, we're all well and as busy as ever... just trying to keep our sanity in the midst of our usual craziness!

No comments: