Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's 10:00 PM, I've slept a total of about 2 hours in the past 40 hours, and I'm here in Port Coquitlam for Christmas. After pulling an all-nighter, (last minute preparations and keeping an eye on the weather), Marty drove me to the airport at 3:30 AM. My flight to Calgary was supposed to go out at 6:00 AM. I sat on the plane for an hour before they announced the flight was cancelled at 9:30 AM. After spending hours (and I do mean being on hold listening to absolutely terrible elevator music for HOURS and HOURS today) on hold with both WestJet and AirCanada, I have a flight to Calgary at 9:00 AM on Boxing Day.

This will be the first Christmas I spend away from all my immediate family. Not that it will be bad being here and seeing the kids open their presents, but I will really miss being with my brother on Christmas day and having Christmas dinner with him, my aunt and our cousins.

Even though I was dead tired today, hungry, had a headache, was stressed out and disappointed, I was reminded when I got home and checked my email that today was merely an inconvenience, not a problem. A real problem is a four year old girl getting hit by a truck while out sledding on Christmas Eve day - oh dear God, please be with her family and give them a Christmas miracle, I beg of You. And forgive me for being so selfish and worried about mere inconveniences.

There are so many real problems in the world and I am so incredibly blessed... my family is all healthy and safe, I will hopefully get to visit my brother for a few days, everyone here is excited to have me for Christmas (despite the HOURS of driving they did today in terrible weather conditions... God bless them!). I pray for all those so much less fortunate than myself... oh God, have mercy on them, redeem their terrible situations, give them hope and peace and joy and strength and comfort this Christmas season and thank You that You are bigger than the most annoying inconveniences and the most devastating problems. Oh Jesus, I entrust this whole world to Your care this Christmas Eve. God bless us every one.

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

Merry Christmas.... I love you dearly my friend and I'm so glad you have been brought into my life!