Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

I wish I'd been more faithful in keeping up this blog if only so I could remember what's been happening the past few months! Some random things I do remember ~

~ Layni is now a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do, so you'd better watch out! She has also been accepted into a class for gifted students next year - hopefully, it will challenge her and get her excited about learning. She attended the Upward Cheerleading camp at church, which of course, she loved.

~ Lysa is doing great and having fun with all her new equipment... riding her trike, enjoying the backyard swing, and being very successful on her new commode. She may never be fully toilet trained, but she loves going on it. She minds the heat as much as I do, so we've been hibernating in the basement or her air-conditioned room the past few days, listening to music, reading books and watching her favourite DVDs; occasionally sneaking out for a quick walk if it cools down enough at night.

~ Mattias got a buzz cut like his dad to combat the heat - he's looking very cool. He had a great time at the Upward basketball camp at church and won a T-ball trophy earlier this summer.

~ I had a great time visiting my family and friends in NB in May, especially meeting my best friend's twin boys, who will be six months old in just a few days - incredible how fast the time goes! I will eventually get the pictures off my camera, I'm sure. I suck at anything remotely technological!

~ My baby brother is turning 30 in a few days. Does this mean we're officially getting old? Haha!

~ I've been reading Iris Johansen's Eve Duncan series and Dorothy Gilman's Mrs. Pollifax series this summer, among other things. Fun, fast reads!

~ This heat is getting to me. I seriously don't even want to step outside when it's this hot. I don't want to do anything. I know I will be complaining when it's rainy and cold, and I'm not proud of it, but I like nice, moderate temperatures, what can I say?

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Must get the kids and myself to bed and Jake is begging for his bedtime snack, and is threatening to scratch me. Boys do get grouchy when they're hungry, whether human or feline. Oh, who are we kidding? So do I!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.